Jet-Hot's fluoropolymer thermoplastics provide an outstanding barrier protection against corrosion, especially in high heat environments. They are typically applied to the interior portions of diesel engine exhaust components where they protect aluminum castings from acidic gasses.
Typical substrates are steel and aluminum, however, various others can be used. Not intended as a low friction and wear coating although it may confer some of those benefits. *Care must be taken in regards to curing temperature and annealing effects on aluminum alloys.
EXCEEDS 1000 HOUR ASTM SALT SPRAY TESTING
WITHSTANDS TEMPERATURES UP TO 550°F
S04G - FLUOROPOLYMER W/ PTFE
- Diesel Intake Manifolds
- EGR Systems
- Air Intake Connectors
- Rocker Levers
- Intake Covers
- Cure: 475 F - 500 F for 45 minutes - 1 hour
- Service temperature: 500 F (260C) continuous, 550F (288C) peak
- Adhesion (ASTM # D3359): 5B
- Pencil hardness: 3003 ,HB-F (scratch), 5-6H (gouge). 3023, B-HB (scratch), 3H (gouge).
- Surface energy: 25 mN/m
- Contact angle (5W-30 oil): 51 degrees
- Contact angle (water): 94 degrees
- Reverse impact resistance (ASTM # D2794): >20<40 inch pounds at 2 mils thick
- Direct impact resistance (ASTM # 2794): >20<40 inch pounds at 2 mils thick
- Mandrel bend (ASTM # B489): < ⅜ inch at 2 mils thick
- Corrosion resistance (ASTM # B117): >1000 hours